What I want to address today is the manipulation of Paul Atreides in the first chapter. It is a very subtle form of manipulation, and my interpretation is somewhat speculative, but it’s Dune, so plans within plans within plans is par for the course. Now, I did mention this manipulation previously with regards to family, but there is another aspect to it that is used more than once. Paul is the son of a Duke. He has rank and his commitment to his role in society, what we call duty, is called into question here.
- Written in the Sand Podcast – The Return of the Prodigal Podcast 022 December 10, 2018
- Written in the Sand Podcast – Hello. From, The Planet 021 April 23, 2018
- Written in the Sand Podcast – To Be Species Or To Be Specie, What Is The Equation? 020 April 10, 2018
- Written in the Sand Podcast – Long ago, and in a Future Far, Far Away 019 March 16, 2018
- Written in the Sand Podcast – We Are In a Sense Lost 018 February 28, 2018